Camtasia by TechSmith is a widely used tool and many customers cannot imagine their routine without it. In this Camtasia review, we are about to find out what the company offers, its features and cost for the product.
Camtasia Studio is the video recording and editing program for Windows or Mac. Camtasia is a well-known software released by TechSmith that allows you to make screen recordings and then process them in its own video editor and save them in several formats such as MP4, WMA, WMV, WMA, AVI, and WAV.
It has a plugin to record directly from Microsoft PowerPoint and facilitates the recording of audio and multimedia files simultaneously. Compatible with several audio and video formats, it is ideal for tutorials and conferences, with transitions, effects, annotations and animations.
Its editor is very complete and has the necessary tools to create and edit professional-looking videos in a very easy way for users. You can create a free trial video to evaluate the product before purchasing it. Its price is quite affordable compared to other video editors.
Camtasia is a useful tool for online marketing campaigns, as it allows companies to make product presentations easily and without the need to hire a professional video editor. It is ideal for new or small companies with a limited budget to promote their services and/or goods through the Internet.
It is also a highly recommended software for YouTubers; flexible and versatile when creating and editing video tutorials and talks.
Camtasia 2018 comes with a collection of brand new video assets, including customizable slideshows, outros and lower thirds. Get full access to over 500,000 royalty-free stock assets with a TechSmith Assets subscription.
Create multiple themes to keep your various business or personal styles organized and ready to use. Easily create, save and apply themes with custom color and font preferences.
The Camtasia editor has been refined to provide a smoother experience throughout. Improved preview playback now gives you more stability and responsiveness while editing.
Camtasia Screen recorder
Record anything, your entire screen or just a window. Or add video, images, audio and PowerPoint presentations you already have.
- Record mouse movements. Enlarge the cursor, animate clicks and add a highlight to make it easier to track mouse movements.
- Webcam recording. Record webcam images to add the energy of a live presentation to your images.
- Show keystrokes. Record keystrokes on the screen so that users can easily track them.
Camtasia video editor
- A simple timeline makes video editing easy. Merge or split clips, trim, and speed up or slow down your recording. Then preview instantly within the video editor.
- Drag and drop video editor. What you see, is what you get. All effects and elements of your video can be dropped and edited directly in the preview window. Then export videos to 4k resolution ready for streaming.
Add effects. Give polished videos with professional video editor effects. Add highlights, animation, titles, transitions and more. Simply drag and drop effects onto the timeline.
- Add notes and annotations. Drag notes, captions, shapes, highlights and more. Camtasia makes it easy to help users understand.
- Motion graphics. Layer intro and outro sequences and title animations to create interaction in all your videos.
- Drop into PowerPoint. Simply drag a PowerPoint presentation into Camtasia and select the slides you want to import.
- Add multimedia. Add videos and narrations to slides to communicate your message more effectively.
WHo might needCamtasia
Camtasia for Business and Marketring
With Camtasia, you can create videos that impress your customers and place them on YouTube, Vimeo, or just Google Drive.
The tool allows you to create a demo of your product to show customers and prospects how to use it.
Moreover, you can record interviews or testimonials of your clients to put it on the website.
Camtasia for Bloggers
The software allows to spice up your tutorial videos to keep your viewer’s attention throughout the video.
It goes without saying that Camtasia Studio is paid software, although the good thing is that you can try it for free.
There are two pricing options:
- Free trial for 30 days free trial (exported files will have a watermark on them).
- One-time fee of $249.99 (unlimited use).
- Fee of $274, 99 for using Camtasia along with Snagit, another popular product by Techsmith.
Its price is quite high which makes you have to consider whether the investment is worth it. But well, this already depends on each one and his pocket, or rather the real performance and profitability that you can get from your videos.
Camtasia vs Snagit
Snagit is another popular Techsmith tool. While Camtasia is a screen recorder and video editor, Snagit is a program for screen capturing. With Snagit, you can take a screenshot and then use it for creating a presentation or video, Snagit can be used separately or together with Camtasia.
How to use Camtasia
You can record different types of videos. In fact, when you open the program and click “Record the screen”, it asks you if you want to use a webcam as well.
So, you have basically three options:
- Just record the screen (what you are doing on your computer).
- Record the screen but tell it to detect the webcam. It will record you and the screen.
- Record your videos with your webcam first, then bring them into Camtasia for editing.
- You can record your videos with your webcam or any video camera, even your cell phone, and then import them into Camtasia Studio and edit them.
- Use Zoom to record a video and edit it later (for example, to record an interview, where you see the faces of the two people in windows and so on).x
Is Camtasia worth it?
Camtasia is a promising tool which covers many needs. However it is highly-priced so consider the pros and cons of Camtasia.