General Summary Description
The Web Developer Jobs in Kansas City are responsible for creating and managing internal and external web sites, applications, and other digital products.
- Collaborate with management, business units, and all necessary stakeholders, to understand and determine the purpose, functions, requirements and long-term strategy for digital products
- Develop, improve, and maintain appropriate digital products to meet the needs of the business and to provide an effective user experience.
- Work with management to establish policies and procedures around content management, CAN-SPAM compliance and search engine optimization
- Research and understand state-of-the-art analytics tools and implement coding for those as necessary.
- Research and understand state-of-the-art email marketing platforms, email newsletter design, email best practices, and work with internal resources to develop email products.
- Research and understand mobile digital solutions, including app development, and work with internal and/or external resources to develop mobile digital products.
- Research emerging technologies and services that may enhance the Web experience and make recommendations to management
- Help to train staff to use and understand company digital publishing system
3-5 years’ experience in web operations, development, and maintenance, in a fast-paced environment. Must be proficient in current CMS technologies including WordPress. Must be proficient in PHP, MySQL, HTML, XML and CSS with a strong working knowledge of web browsers. Individual must be self-motivated, highly organized and able to multitask while meeting numerous daily deadlines. Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to turn around a large volume of work within a specified amount of time are a must.
Special Requirements / Skills:
- Adobe Photoshop and creating “pixel perfect” HTML/CSS from .psd files
- Strong understanding of SEO best practices
- Strong understanding of web architecture concepts (HTTP request/response, session, cache, cookies)
- Experience in RSS, blog management tools
- Working knowledge of web browsers (Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari)
- Working knowledge of servers and server environments
- Experience with web analytics systems and implementation
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and simultaneously
- Keen problem-solving skills and ability to take initiative
- Ability to manage projects to meet aggressive timeline
- Professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills and ability to work with multiple teams
© 2017 Brockton Creative Group. All rights reserved.