We’re a trailblazing digital agency. Adapting to industry changes. Capitalizing on cultural trends.
Our team is a melting pot of skilled strategists, savvy content marketers, innovative designers and creative developers.
Since 2005, we’ve used our skills and passion to help over 150 organizations build unforgettable brands. This agency is built on old-school values like hard work, integrity, craftsmanship and helping others – and we take a lot of pride in that.
Brock Stechman, Founder
I’m a brand builder, serial entrepreneur and dad of two amazing little boys.
My days are filled with a substantial amount of coffee and the thrill of working with amazing clients and an incredibly talented group of people.
I have founded a few companies and I’m currently the Co-Founder of DivvyHQ, a planning and production software application that’s pioneering the content marketing industry. Besides managing the financial and operations side of DivvyHQ, I also leverage my branding and design background to ensure DivvyHQ’s user interface and overall user experience is the most intuitive and cutting-edge content planning tool on the market. I’m also the Founder and CEO of Brockton Creative Group, a trailblazing digital agency specializing in content strategy, branding, content marketing, and website and custom product development.
In the last decade, I have worked with over 150 companies ranging from small businesses to some of the most recognizable brands in the country to mold and elevate their brand value and help them connect, excite and engage with their consumers in innovative ways. Some of these clients include: H&R Block, Hallmark, YMCA, The Kauffman Foundation, The University of Missouri, The University of Kansas, Kansas City Parks & Recreation, Goodcents, Commerce Bank and Allegiant Travel Company to name a few.
When I’m not at work I’m helping my sons learn essential life lessons like how to throw a football, start a campfire and the names of all the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- Words of Wisdom: "Failure doesn't just happen. It's a decision." - Corey Rudl
Tim McCoy, President
I am a President, Project & Account Manager, along with being a business owner. I was born and raised in Kansas City, MO, graduated from Florida A & M University with an MBA and dove into the world of business. I thrive on figuring things out: assessing situations, developing creative solutions and working with my team to bring our ideas to life. I believe this is my talent. It is definitely my passion.
Before my current position with Brockton Creative Group, my professional experiences consisted of pharmaceutical sales, medical device marketing, automotive supplier purchasing, and international sourcing.
My technical expertise is in Project Management and Strategic Planning. I am proficient with the complete Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite (except for Access-for some reason I just can’t find the time to figure that one out).
Art Director & Developer
Kirby Chamblin, Art Director/Developer
Hometown: Kansas City, MO
Education: JCCC, Associates Degree in Graphic Design – May 2012
Kirby joined the Brockton Creative Group team in May of 2012. She was brought on to fulfill the Lead Designer role. Her position involves supervising design interns, art directing, branding, front end development, web designing, proofing, and myriad of other design tasks. She thoroughly enjoys her work and constantly pushes herself to try new things. In every project she does, she likes to stay ahead of the curve and keep it interesting. Evidence of this was shown in her creation of two catalogs where she had to brainstorm the concept, organize content, layout the look and feel, develop a logo, and plan out the overall packaging.
Outside of work, Kirby is an avid craftsmith where she restores and repurposes old furniture. When she isn’t busy creating, Kirby loves to read, solve rubik’s cubes and crosswords, and volunteer at the local animal shelters.
- Name your ideal job if you didn't work at BCG: Astronaut
- If you could be one person other than yourself, who would you be? Daenerys Targaryen. Because Dragons.
- Favorite software or program: Adobe Illustrator
- Favorite concert: Lucius at the Riot Room
- Favorite sequel: Aliens
- What super power would you have? The ability to control time. Stop it, slow it down, fast forward, rewind. It would be so useful.
- Favorite Sports Team: Sporting
- Animal you'd ride to work: Lion
Graphic & Motion Designer
Jacob Burghart, Designer & Video Production
Hometown: Offerle, KS
Education: BGS Anthropology at KU, AAS Graphic Design JCCC
Professional Accomplishment: Found a job in my career field in 2012.
Jacob joined the Brockton team as a graphic design intern shortly after graduating from KU and JCCC in May 2012. His main design duties cover many bases from billboards, to web graphics to giant lobster cutouts; however, he wouldn’t have it any other way. He also does a little video work, a skill that Jacob is happy to bring to the table. It is something he has constantly been working on improving and sharing throughout film festivals, shorts, and even a television show pilot he’s been working on for the better part of a year.
Outside of the office, Jacob is usually working on other creative projects, drinking coffee somewhere, or obsessing over his growing record collection.
- Favorite thing about BCG: Its close proximity to unlimited coffee supply.
- If you could be one person other than yourself, who would it be? James Franco is going a little crazy, so him.
- Favorite concert: The Protomen
- Favorite sequel: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze
- If you could have one super power, what would it be? I'd just radiate fiber-level wireless internet
- Quirky thing on Jake's Desk: Antlers I guess
- Dream vacation spot: Jurassic Park
- Animal you'd ride to work: Woolly Mammoth
- All-time favorite game: How far can I drive with my eyes closed?
- Words of wisdom: "Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza" -Michelangelo
- Favorite Pantone Color: 142-11 C. It's a nice, worn, ugly, confused seafoam green.
Graphic Designer & Developer
Nancy Holder, Graphic Designer & Developer
Hometown: Edwardsville, KS
Education: BFA in Visual Communications from The University of Kansas – May 2013
Professional Accomplishment: Taught herself how to code
Nancy joined the Brockton Creative Group team as an intern in January of 2013 and joined full time as a Graphic Designer in August of 2013. She eventually taught herself how to code and started developing websites on a daily basis in March of 2014. Her position involves branding, website design, web graphics, developing the front-end and backend of websites, and also updating past BCG sites. She loves to learn new things and is up for any challenge.
Outside of work, Nancy loves to eat (especially some good bbq), spend time with family, solve puzzles and play tennis.
- Favorite thing about BCG: Thor. And the wide range of projects there are to work on.
- If you could win an award, what would it be? Lottery, so we can move BCG to the space above Beer Kitchen
- Favorite software or program: Illustrator
- Favorite concert you've ever been to: 98 Degrees
- Favorite Sequel Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise
- Who would play you in the movie of your life? probably Aubrey Plaza since people always say I have the same personality as her character on Parks & Rec
- Worst gift I've ever recieved: 1000 piece puzzle of Dalmatian puppies that was front and back.
- Animal I'd ride to work: Hippogriff
- All-time favorite game: Snake
- If I could be a cartoon character: I always wanted to be in rocketpower (even though I've never skateboarded in my life). So I guess I would be Reggie.
- Words of wisdom: "In order to be creative, we must lose our fear of being wrong."
- Favorite ice cream flavor: Rocky Road
Graphic & Motion Designer
Andrés Rivas-Cruz, Designer
Hometown: Wichita, KS
Education: BFA in Visual Communications from The University of Kansas-May 2013
Andrés started his journey with BCG as an intern in January 2013. Now he is a full-time Graphic and Motion designer. You can catch him working on designs for a new website, branding a new client, working on wireframes or helping with filming and editing video. Some of the projects he is most proud of are KC RaceDay, 25u25 Anatomy of Thinking Bigger Branding and infographics for our client Litigation Insights.
Outside of the BCG life, Andrés likes to continue being creative, hang out with family and friends and visit new places.
- Favorite thing about BCG: The peeps
- If you could be someone other than yourself, who would you be? Neil deGrasse Tyson
- If you could win an award, what would you win? I'd win an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony. So I can wear a gold chain that says EGOT.
- Favorite concert Kanrocksas
- What super power would you have? Absorbing other peoples superpowers.
- Quirky thing on Andrés's Desk: Jar full of batteries.
- Who would play you in the movie of your life? Myself.....it'd be a documentary....and it would win me my Oscar and possibly Grammy.
- Dream vacation spot: I'd like to go to España.
- Worst gift you've ever received: Jar Jar Binks blow up chair.
- Animal you'd ride to work: Liger or Land Shark
- If you were a cartoon character, who would you be? Spongebob or Johnny Bravo
- Words of wisdom: Keep it simple, stupid.
Lauren McClelland, Account Executive
Hometown: Olathe, KS
Education: BFA from Kansas State University
Lauren McClelland is a graphic designer turned Account Executive. She hails from Olathe, KS and is proud to call Kansas City her home. Prior to working with Brockton Creative Group, Lauren was a graphic designer for Beveridge Seay, Inc. and the Division of Communications and Marketing at Kansas State University. She has maintained brands such as ExxonMobil, The Pew Charitable Trusts, FoodMinds, and the Drug Policy Alliance, and has helped rebrand various departments and colleges at Kansas State University.
Lauren graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Fine Art degree from Kansas State University, bleeding purple. Outside of BCG, Lauren is focused on finding out how many combinations of vegetables and rice dishes she can create, trying to up her dance skills, and spoiling her nieces and nephew.
- Name your ideal job if you didn't work at BCG: I think I want to be the crazy lady in the taste testing room at a winery. Specific, yes, but you know that's the ultimate life.
- Favorite thing about BCG: We are small but mighty, and there is coffee downstairs.
- If you could be one person other than yourself, who would you be? Matt Damon's wife. (For obvious reasons.)
- Favorite software or program: G Chat
- Favorite sequel: Back to the Future II
- Quirky thing on Lauren's desk: My bamboo plant. I've had it since my first internship.
- All-time favorite game: Spoons
- If you were a cartoon character, who would you be? Does Yoshi count?
- Words of wisdom: "I don't know just means I don't want to think." - Jeff McClelland (thanks, Dad)
Developer & System Admin
Andrew Olson, Front End Developer/Web Administrator
Hometown: Seattle, WA
Education: Mt. San Jacinto.
Andy joined the Brockton family in December 2013. He helps develop and build the websites we design, while maintaining all of our technical needs and our web servers. The projects he’s most proud of are the KC RaceDay and Museum of Prairie Fire websites. Both are extremely tedious but a lot of fun. While originally entering the field as a designer, he found a passion in the code. Needless to say his favorite trilogy is the Matrix. Who saw that coming? Not us!
Outside of the life of BCG, Andy enjoys working on his new home, being a full-fledged MLG pro nerd and walking his adorably loud corgis.
- Favorite thing about BCG: The creative and laid-back atmosphere. BCG makes you feel welcomed, wanted and cool. The office space is unique and creative, the people are even more so in the best ways possible. Overall this is the best job I have ever had. I can see myself here for a long time.
- If you could be someone other than yourself, who would you be? Oh gosh, any? Like fictional or otherwise? Like is that really a question? Neo. I mean...bending my utensils while eating sushi would make that a breeze.
- Favorite concert: Janelle Monae
- Favorite sequel: Matrix Reloaded. Duh.
- Quirky thing on Andy's desk: Well, it probably is a tie between my awesome looking phone dock thing, and the 3D picture of a random dog that says "You're awesome." Which is a true statement. Though an odd valentine to get from /cupid/. *cough*
- Favorite sports team: Probably CW of the EUW (eSports of get out)
- All-time favorite game: Oh man, probably Star Wars of the Old Republic. NOT the MMO. That or Remember Me.
- If you were a cartoon character, who would you be? Yogi. Most likely.
- Words of wisdom: "Tolerating Intolerance is intolerable."
Sarah Wall, Account Manager
Hometown: Wilmot Flat, NH
Education: Colby-Sawyer College, New London, NH
Sarah is our newest Account Executive here at BCG. Her exceptional attention to detail comes from a background in print production, and she learned everything she knows about customer relations from years of working just about every job position at a popular restaurant in her home town. She’s also a Yankee from New Hampshire, which means she’ll claim to be tougher than everyone else – especially about our winters – but deep down she’s a softie.
- Ideal job if you weren't working at BCG: Owner of a little tavern I grew up working in. I Learned everything I know about customer service from the owner, so it's in my blood!
- Favorite thing about BCG: Thor, the office dog, and I like the fact that I get to work with really creative people who all work well together.
- Favorite Concert: Pavement reunion concert at The Uptown
- If you could have one super power, what would it be? To travel back in time. Historical podcasts are my latest obsession at the moment.
- Quirky thing on Sarah's desk: My New Hampshire Fish and Game "Break for Moose, It Could Save Your Life" bumper sticker. It's wicked awesome.
- Animal you'd ride to work: Moose, so I would always be on time, since you have to break for them.
- iPhone app you can't live without: Google Maps, I can't find my way out of a paper bag!
- Words of wisdom: "There are three ways to ultimate success:The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind"-Fred Rogers
Content Marketing Manager
Katie Lewis, Content Marketing and Social Media intern
Hometown: Sayville, NY
Education: Bachelor of Science in Journalism from the University of Kansas
Katie just graduated from the University of Kansas and is pretty stoked to start her first job after college. Katie loves to write, which is great for us because she’s the agency grammar ninja. Someday she wants to be the next Tina Fey or Mindy Kaling. “I’m really just waiting for Mindy to discover me and ask me to come write awesome comedy with her, and then we will become best friends,” she says. Katie handles all of the community management for our clients and does all of BCG’s copywriting. She’s got a keen eye for detail and is a multi-tasking queen. Her favorite thing about her job at BCG is writing the Halls blog and managing all of the Halls social media, because what girly girl with a journalism degree WOULDN’T love to write about fashion right out of college?
When she’s not working at BCG, Katie is an all-star cheerleading coach. She is so excited to still be involved with the sport after more than 10 years as an athlete. She coaches KC Cheer’s “Fame,” and is sure they’re going to win big all season long. She also is probably drinking sweet tea, talking fast, eating cookies, sending valentine’s cards to her friends who are now all over the country post-graduation (bummer) and wearing blue.
- If you didn't work at BCG, name your ideal job. I'd be a comedy writer on Saturday Night Live. Or the first female host of late night television on NBC. Could you imagine? "Late Night with Katie Lewis." That would rock.
- Favorite concert: BEYONCÉ. She wore an all sequined jumpsuit and flew through the air. She's the queen.
- Favorite sequel: Home Alone 3, with the parrot on the remote control car. It's the funniest one.
- Who would play you in the movie of your life? I mean ideally I'd play myself because that would mean I'm a movie star. But Reese Witherspoon is the first actress that comes to mind. I think it's because she did Elle Woods so perfectly (and clearly I identify with Elle Woods).
- Dream vacation spot: New York City. I'm never not plotting my return to New York City. Or SPAIN. THE ARCHITECTURE.
- Favorite sports team: The Jayhawks. I also love World Cup Shooting Stars if you know anything about competitive cheerleading.
- If you could be any cartoon character, who would you be? The shark from Finding Nemo.
- Words of wisdom: "To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -E.E. Cummings
Laila Sammur, Content Marketing Intern
Hometown: Olathe, KS
Education: Student at Kansas State University. Will graduate in May 2015
Laila is a K-State senior. She Hails from Olathe, KS, and is happy to be spending the summer at Brockton Creative Group. Laila is an Apparel and Textiles marketing student pursuing her interest in Public Relations and Digital Marketing while at BCG. She loves learning all that she can from her co-workers and clients, and has been recently nicknamed the “Pintern” for her awesome work she’s doing with Pinterest.
Laila is president of Delta Delta Delta sorority at K-State and plans to graduate next fall with a Bachelor’s Degree in Apparel and Textiles marketing with a double minor in Business and Public Relations. She plans to learn all that she can during her time with us at BCG.
Outside of BCG, Laila loves spending time with her two younger sisters, friends and enjoying her summer before entering the adult world following graduation next summer.
- Favorite thing about BCG: My favorite thing about BCG would have to be the the work environment. It's a laid-back and filled with creative and innovative people. I love it!
- Who would play you in the movie of your life? Jennifer Aniston. She's versatile and I've always loved her.
- Favorite sports team: K-State Wildcats
- If I were a cartoon character, I'd be: Jasmine, because she's an Arabian Princess which is awesome!
- Words of wisdom: "Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be."
Nikki Koppers, Content Marketing Intern
Hometown: Leawood, KS
Education: Student at the University of Kansas, graduating in May 2015
Nikki is a senior journalism and english major at the University of Kansas. She is glad to be working in the heart of Kansas City as a Content Development Intern for BCG. At the University of Kansas Nikki is the Director of Public Relations for the Panhellenic Association and the Promotions Coordinator for Rock Chalk Revue, one of the nation’s largest student-run philanthropy event.
While not at BCG Nikki enjoys trivia, obsessively following the Kansas Jayhawks and pop culture.
- If you could be one person other than yourself, who would you be? Tina Fey probably. Comedic genius, she has great platforms to get your ideas out on. she got to work with Jenna Moroney and Tracy Jordan for like 7 years. Pretty cool.
- If you could win an award, what would it be? I'd probably like to win an EMMY. That would be pretty cool. Also I'd probably like to win a Marathon just to have some type of sports achievement.
- Favorite concert you've ever been to: Mumford and Sons
- Who would play you in the movie of your life? Jessica Chastain
- Worst gift you've ever received: My dad got me a Ronald Reagan coffee table book for my 21st birthday.
- Animal you'd ride to work: Newfoundland Dog
- Words of wisdom: "Seize the moment. 'Cause tomorrow you might be dead."
Technology has created a new breed of buyer and the effectiveness of traditional marketing and advertising vehicles alone is no longer worth the investment. We, as businesses, need to shift our marketing mindset and focus on creating online content that increases find-ability, generates awareness, communicates value and most importantly starts conversations about your brand and service offerings. We do this through the Digital Pathfinder™.
(We are full service)
When it comes to marketing services we can literally say, “been there, done that”. Our foundation is built on solid brand and design principles. These pillars have allowed us to develop other invaluable capabilities along the way.
When we say “strategy,” we don’t just mean a few brainstorming sessions here and there. We’ve developed a streamlined process that defines, measures and maps out what success for your brand and business really looks like. Through our 6-step, “Strategy Engagement Digital Pathfinder” program, we will teach you how to turn your vision into reality. Keep reading to learn about the comprehensive steps we will take you and your team through over the course of a few weeks.
Brockton Creative Group started as a small print-oriented team, but quickly grew into a graphic design machine. We are virtually limitless because BCG is made up of incredibly talented designers who have experience in a variety of areas, all of which are used for the good of our clients. Even our Account Executives dabble in design! Below you will find information about the design services we offer.
The newest trend to come from social media is a shift in how consumers engage with companies and brands. With Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, they are reaching out and doing research socially instead of just using the company’s website, email or other physical channels. Since people like to stay connected and find out the latest trends via these mediums, there is a larger emphasis on promoting through developed content.
Whether you’re a new company or just want to refresh your brand, our team of creatives can help you make a name for yourself. We will guide you through strategy sessions to get a feel of what drives your business and inspires you. We feel to really brand a product or company, we need to get to know its heart. Our services include: …
What good is marketing if you can’t measure its effectiveness? We believe it is important to monitor all campaigns to adjust for future marketing tactics. With many of our clients, we host a monthly strategy and editorial planning meeting to go over analytical reports. These sessions include:
- Planning strategic support and accountability
- Reviewing of key metrics such as website traffic, conversions, social media mentions, blog visits, mobile traffic, and top referring sites
- Going over hits and misses from the previous month
- Analyzing popular content
- Reporting on marketing vehicles
- Identifying top influences
- Reviewing our marketing process and its effectiveness
- Setting goals for the months ahead
- Brainstorming content based on data/feedback
- Completing the editorial calendar
- Creating an action plan for future creative deliverable
By combining social engagement with targeted media buys, your brand will have an effective 360-degree approach to reach your target audience. Some of our recommended strategies include digital banner advertising, print advertising, pay-per-click (or SEM), social network advertising (Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.), sponsorships, associations and digital shorts.
Since technology has created a new medium of expression, traditional marketing and advertising vehicles alone are no longer worth the investment. It is extremely important to focus on creating meaningful online content that increases your online presence. By utilizing the newest SEO techniques, we help you realize how to develop interesting content that drives “findability,” generates awareness, communicates value and begins conversations about your brand.
We can create small animations like .gifs for email blasts, or large scale projects like a company intro video for your website. The motion and animation team at BCG is well-versed in storyboard creation, script writing, filming and editing. We have also have access to voice-over talent. Since videos and animations are great for sharing through social media, we’ll make sure your project is new and exciting.
© 2014 . All rights reserved.